Click here to Learn More about a Career with Eurest
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations?
Come grow your career with Eurest.
Working as a Food Service Director for Eurest will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do
- Direct responsibility for the overall foodservice operation in multi-unit campus environment, corporate dining account. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of production & service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Training and growth of all associates, as well as planning, assigning and directing work. Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team.
- Financially accountable for the account
- Maintains excellent relationships with employees, guests and Client as well as other departments within the operation. Fosters strong inter-departmental relations with local Facilities Management and cooperates in tandem to achieve SLA compliance
Operations and Customer Service
- Maintains product and service Compass quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action
- Oversees and leads the monthly/quarterly marketing programs and their implementation
- Leads the creation of new programs which result in an increased level of customer satisfaction and operational excellence
- Leads culinary team and oversees menu process to ensure Compass compliance and contract SLA adherence to Wellness and Variety
- Ensures timely meal service to all service areas. Supervises service delivery during peak times
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint or via e-mail for electronically received complaints
- Acts as liaison between Clients and Facilities Management
- Oversees project progress and manages Compass contribution to new openings, renovations, programmatic changes etc. that involve facilities modification
- Oversees Work order placement, maintenance and progress
- Oversees and coordinates vendor intervention/visit on campus
- Communicates regularly to local FM team status on Foodservice facilities and equipment
- Conducts audits/walk through of premises and jointly with local FM team with a preventative and risk mitigation mindset
- Oversees and maintains applicable preventative maintenance programs and process maps to protect the physical assets of the units and report information according to protocol
- Maintains and communicates a safety/security and risk mitigation mindset which protects both the assets of the unit and the personal safety of employees and customers
- Oversees regular Safety Employee trainings and their completion
- Oversees Food Safety and Sanitation management processes in accordance to Compass and specifically to contract SLA requirement (audits, trainings, reports, checklists). Monitors and motivates QA champions activity on Campus
- Oversees and controls the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control
- Responsible for financial compliance with Company standards ensuring processes and reporting functions are at standards
- Responsible for overall financial performance of the units
- Prepares the annual budget
- Monitors financial performance on weekly and monthly basis through verification and analysis of financial reports. Initiates corrective action plans as needed to align to targets
- Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the units which support the overall objectives of the company
Talent Management & HR
- Establishes and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Implements and maintains effective two way communication systems which reach all employees at all levels
- Leads and oversees training and development of both hourly associates and salaried managers in accordance with Compass appraisal annual process and Training programs
- Initiates and leads training program initiatives for all employees
- Hires, trains, evaluates and discharges workers (Discharges require the review of the District Manager).
- Manages in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ideal candidate possesses Bachelor's degree in Business, Hospitality or Related field or equivalent experience
- Dynamic, analytical, problem solver, detail oriented, customer focused, fast decision maker, motivator and people leader
- 5 years progressive hospitality/foodservice experience is required with a minimum of 3 years in multi-unit management. Catering experience required as well
- Restaurant management experience in upper scale preferred
- Project Management experience in renovations, new opening and programmatic account changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and computer skills are needed, including knowledge of MS Office products
- Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated profit and loss management ability and client relations savvy is essential
- Requires operations management experience
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, March 30, 2018